Vacation is best when you get to go your own way, and there’s no better way than with a travel trailer. If you’re in the market for a new RV with a king size bed, you may have already realized that they can get pretty hefty! After all, they need to fit all your home comforts—and then some.
But suppose you’re planning on towing it with a truck or SUV. In that case, heavier models can strain your vehicle and make for an unreliable ride. Plus, if you don’t want to spring for a new set of wheels just yet, staying under 5,000 pounds will let you keep the ones you got.
So whether you’re looking to take the occasional cross-country trip or simply spend weekends camping out in the woods near your hometown lakefront house (hey, we won’t judge!), here are five great options for travel trailers under 5,000 pounds with king size bed:
1. Forest River R-Pod 179 Hood River Edition
The Forest River R-Pod 179 Hood River Edition is a well-designed travel trailer with everything you need for a great camping experience.
It sleeps four people comfortably and provides plenty of storage space. Here are some features you may want to know about:
- This travel trailer has a sleeping area that measures 84 inches high by 43 inches wide by 14 feet long, making it perfect for two people who enjoy sleeping in a king-size bed together on their travels.
- The kitchen area is equipped with an L-shaped countertop surface where you can prepare meals while enjoying views out the windows or patio doors behind it. There’s also a sink, overhead cabinets, and appliances such as an electric range/oven combination unit and microwave oven come standard with this model from Forest River RV Corporation.
2. Airstream Sport 22FB
The Airstream Sport 22FB is a travel trailer designed to be towed by a car or SUV. It’s 23′ 6″ long, 8′ 6″ wide, 8′ 2″ high, and has an interior height of 6′ 2″.
The total weight, including the tow vehicle, is 4,800 lbs. In addition, this model has one of the longest king-size beds available with a length of 80″.
3. Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB
The Flying Cloud is a well-designed travel trailer with many features to make your camping experience enjoyable.
The floorplan features an open concept with a kitchenette, dinette, and sofa that seats six people comfortably. There’s also plenty of storage throughout the home, including in the front closet and under countertop cabinets.
One of our favorite features is the king-size bed which can be used as a sofa during the day. In addition, this trailer will easily tow behind most vehicles without any issues!
- Pros: This Airstream model has all the amenities needed to make your camping trip memorable, including an inverter for TVs/electronics and a solar panel for charging batteries or running small appliances like coffee makers or microwaves (note: it does not include 110v outlets). It also has lots of cupboard space, so you’ll never feel like you’re running out of room inside this compact trailer! Suppose you’re looking for something affordable with high-quality construction. In that case, I recommend this one because it has everything needed for an excellent staycation at home before hitting the road again later down the line.
4. KZ-RV Connect Lite 222 BH
If you are looking for a lightweight travel trailer under 5000 lbs, then the KZ-RV Connect Lite 222 BH may be the perfect one. This unit weighs in at 5,035 lbs and has a total length of 22’2″. The bed size is 6’2″ by 6’3″ with an interior height at 73″.
This model can comfortably sleep up to four people with its king-size bed that measures 6’2″ by 6’6″. The floor plan is also very spacious as it measures 202 sq ft, so there is plenty of room for you to park your car or truck next to it while camping.
5. CrossRoads RV Zinger Lite ZR270BH
The Crossroads Zinger ZR227BH weighs only 5,000 lbs, making it one of the lightest travel trailers on the market. In addition, it has a king-size bed, so you can have plenty of room to stretch out and relax.
Since it’s a smaller unit than some other brands, it should be easy for most people to pull behind their vehicle, even if they don’t have a big truck or SUV. Weighing in at only 5,000 lbs means that this travel trailer is easy enough for almost anyone to tow easily.
The Crossroads Zinger comes in two lengths: 19 feet and 23 feet long. The 19-foot model will sleep up to four people. In comparison, the 23-foot model can hold up to five people comfortably—and both come with plenty of storage space inside their cabins and outside around the back, where there’s room for two bikes or surfboards plus extra gear like kayaks or fishing poles too.
In addition, there are several floor plans available, including one which includes a slideout room along with either two beds (one above another) depending upon how many guests will be staying over–or just one larger king-size bed instead; there are also options on whether you prefer having more privacy inside during those times when there aren’t any overnight visitors sleeping over or if instead would prefer having an open layout where everyone has access both outdoors as well as indoors throughout each day’s activities.
There are many options when looking for a travel trailer under 5,000lbs.
You can choose to camp under the stars in one of the many travel trailers that come with a king-size bed. Or, if you prefer a more traditional camping experience and don’t mind getting two or three inches closer to nature, try one of our options with queen-sized beds.
Suppose you have kids old enough to sleep on their own but not quite old enough to be trusted alone in an RV as big as yours (or even your apartment). In that case, a travel trailer with bunk beds will make all their dreams come true.
And if you want some extra space, so everyone has room for themselves during long road trips, there are plenty of options here.
And lastly, if you have small children but still want some privacy and comfort when it comes time for bedtime on those long drives—or even during rest stops—a travel trailer with sofa beds might be perfect for your family.
There are some great options for king-size beds in the travel trailer industry. Whether you want a luxury model with all the bells and whistles, or just something simple and affordable to get the job done, we’re confident that we’ve provided you with some great suggestions.